Pulpo is made with All-Natural ingredients, please see a list below as well a short rationale of why we have chosen our formula:
- Safe – Pulpo contains nine (9) simple edible-grade, 86% certified organic ingredients and is completely petrochemical-free
- Healthy – Zinc Oxide the only FDA-approved active sunscreen ingredient for children under 6 months of age.
- Effective – Pulpo provides 97%+ broad spectrum UV absorption across the entire UVA & UVB spectrum. Apply every 2 hours!
- Ecosystem approved – biodegradable formula is safe for reefs and the aquatic environment & packaged in 100% recyclable tubes
- Cruelty-free – never tested on animals – only tested on humans per 2011 FDA OTC Sunscreen Monograph regulations.
- Unique formula – soy-free, gluten-free, corn-free and vegan.
- Dermatologist recommended
- Fragrance-free & non-comedogenic
- Excellent for facial use and may be applied to reduce blemishes and blend sunspots
Pulpo All Natural Sunscreen SPF 31 is easy to apply at all temperatures and blends with skin tones.
The average individual particle size of the Zinc Oxide USP we use is 0.260 micron (260nm) with Standard Deviation of 0.012 micron (12nm). This means that there are statistically zero particles smaller than 100nm, the cutoff for the nano classification. Most nano sunscreens on the market have particle sizes in the range of 10-20nm. (That's Non-Nano!)
*Please note: this is a mineral cosmetic formula that may stain clothing.
- 25% non-nano Zinc Oxide
- Eldorado Springs Artesian Water
- Certified Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Certified Organic Jojoba Oil
- Vegetable Glycerine
- Organic Shea Butter
- Vegetable Vitamin E (non-gmo from sunflower seeds)
- Vegetable Emulsifying Wax NF (cetearyl alcohol & polysorbate 60 from COCONUT!!)
- Iron Oxides